For a quick summary of how to get the best from your Hope Estate Concert experience, watch this short video. Or for the full story, read on.
Hope Estate Winery and its outdoor concert amphitheatre is a fully catered venue and STRICTLY NO BYO FOOD OR BEVERAGE (including water) is to be brought on-site; this will be enforced by security at entry gates. Free drinking water will be available on-site. Patrons may bring in empty plastic bottles or plastic or foam cups for this purpose.
In accordance with our alcohol management plan, no alcoholic beverage can be removed from the venue on concert days. Cellar Door will reopen 10am on the day following the event.
Food can be purchased from the food stalls and bars set up on site. Food available ranges from gourmet pies, to restaurant style meals. Beverages available are Hope Estate Wines, Beer, soft drinks, coffee / tea only, no spirits are available. Bars and food stalls will be open from gate opening times
Gourmet Hampers can be pre ordered through the winery, these must be ordered no later than three days prior to concert date.
If you have purchased a DIAMOND, GOLD or SILVER ticket there is an allocated seat in the amphitheatre. If you have purchased a GENERAL ADMISSION ticket you will need to bring your own picnic rug. Low chair without legs are generally permitted onsite, though this may vary between events – see Rolling Stones update below. For events where chairs are permitted, you can purchase permitted low chairs for the General Admission area on the day or pre-purchase the chillazy seat here.
Update On GA Seating – Rolling Stones
To ensure The Rolling Stones’ upcoming Hope Estate performance is enjoyed comfortably & equally by all patrons attending, the GA areas for this event are not configured for individuals to bring their own seating. The ticketed GA areas are for patrons to enjoy the performances themselves and outside of the show times, there are ample shaded picnic facilities available elsewhere on site where patrons can enjoy the Hope Estate experience.
The event also offers alternative fully seated areas for sale, should this be your preference.
There is eftpos and cashout available at the bars. Everything else onsite is CASH ONLY.
While car parking is free and plentiful the local roads cannot cope with the number of cars and there will be delays leaving the venue. We strongly recommend that everyone catches buses which generally exit the venue in approx 30 mins.
No Umbrellas are premitted on site. In the case of rain ponchos will be available for sale for $5 at the Hope Estate merchandise stall.
No professional cameras or recording equipment are permitted.
The amphitheatre is grass underfoot so it is advisable to wear comfortable flat shoes.
It is the promoter’s policy to ‘play, rain or shine’ however if weather conditions deem dangerous for the artist to perform or put the patron’s safety is at risk. The promoter in accordance with artist management may cancel the concert.
If you are travelling by coach please ensure you check your timetables as coaches run to a strict schedule.
Newcastle & the Hunter
02 4990 1699
0406 757 295
Unless otherwise advised the venue gates open for all Hope Estate concerts at 4:30pm on the day of the show.
Hope Estate concerts usually conclude between 10pm and 11pm depending on the artisit performance times.
Conditions of Entry
All patrons entering will be subject to bag searches.
Persons are prohibited from entering with the following items:
- Glass Aluminium & Metal containers.
- Drinks or drink bottles of any kind (Empty plastic bottles excepted).
- Picnic baskets, Eskies.
- Illegal or Illicit substances of any kind.
- Musical Instruments or Air horns.
- Poles, sticks, banners, or oversized flags (more than 1m x 1m).
- Confetti or shedded Paper.
- Fireworks, flares or explosives.
- Umbrellas, chairs and tents (Fold up chairs with a height of less than 15cm accepted only in general admission area).
- Professional Cameras Video and audio recording (35mm cameras are ok).
- Weapons or knives.
- Animals (except for authorised guide dogs/companion dogs).
- Balls, sporting equipment, bicycles, skateboards, skates or scooters.
- Any other object which may be used as a missile or weapon.
- Any other object that the promoter considers inappropriate.
Persons may be refused entry for the following;
- Any person deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly.
- Any person who does not comply with a request to conduct a bag search.
- Any person who does not comply with a request from the organiser, security or regulatory bodies.
At a majority of concert you will have one entry per ticket, please check with security should you wish to leave the grounds as you may not be allowed to reenter.
No illegal vending is permitted.
No unauthorised/unlicensed vendors allowed.